It is the responsibility of all employees of Debbie's Dream Foundation: Curing Stomach Cancer (DDF) to support DDF's mission and goals, to respect the confidentiality of all who come to us for information or assistance, and to personally maintain the dignity and integrity of one who is placed in a position of trust. We all bear the responsibility of improving the organization, communicating openly, empowering each other to excel at our work, and dedicate ourselves to including all who want to be involved.
Summary of Position:
The focus of this position will be to provide administrative support and assist with our events & communications to produce a variety of events/communications for DDF designed to support donor creation and retention strategies while meeting budgeted expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the production and coordination of DDF events including: advertising, logistics, event sponsors, creating and maintaining vendor relations, assembling sponsor packets, collecting event RSVPs, organizing auction items, organizing and managing event check-in, registration, and check-out, organizing and managing event volunteers and creating or maintaining detailed event databases
- Work on a number of diverse events and printed materials simultaneously and meet deadlines on each to ensure accuracy and timeliness of assigned projects, effectiveness of events, success of fundraising appeals and attention to details
- Keep accurate, up-to-date records
- Ensure optimal constituent relations, increased awareness of DDF's resources, and continued expansion of DDF's donor base
- Work with volunteers, donors, patients, supporters, DDF Event Co-Chairs, the Board of Directors, etc on all of the above
- The work requires a lot of time at a desk but may also require some travel to event locations, conferences, or meetings both locally or nationally
- Tight deadlines must be met with limited staff to support projects
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job successfully - do not apply if you do not meet all of the below criteria:
- Two (2) years minimum equivalence in event planning, hotel catering sales experience, and/or nonprofit event planning
- Four (4) year college degree required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Fast typist required
- Expertise in building professional relationships and consistent professionalism
- Ability to collaborate with volunteers, staff, donors, supporters, the Board of Directors and any other people encountered
- Fluent in English
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills at a professional level
- Ability to tolerate numerous interruptions throughout the day.
The Event Assistant reports directly to the Events and Communications Manager and is required to attend all staff and Event Committee meetings and Board meetings from time to time.
This position is full time (40 hours per week) and can be longer around the time of major DDF events. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
This job description should not be construed to imply that the requirements listed are the exclusive standards of the position. DDF reserves the right to assign or delegate other tasks as necessary.
To apply for this position and to qualify for an interview, the following are required:
1. Cover letter
3. College and other degree diplomas or other verification of graduation
4. Transcript (if graduated within the past 5 years)
5. 2-4 letters of recommendation from current or past clients/employers who are non-family members
The Application packet should be sent to:
Debbie's Dream Foundation: Curing Stomach Cancer
Two South University Drive, Suite 326
Plantation, FL 33324
or email to: Admin@DebbiesDream.org