It is the responsibility of all employees to support the Company's mission and goals, to respect the confidentiality of all who come to us for information or assistance, and to personally maintain the dignity and integrity of one who is placed in a position of trust. We all bear the responsibility and judgment of improving the organization, communicating openly, empowering each other to excel at our work, using discretion, and dedicating ourselves to including all who want to be involved.
Summary of Position:
(1) Develop and implement an overall communications and public affairs strategy for the Company to accomplish our mission.
(2) Perform administrative tasks that support Board activities, merchandise management, school club activities, and general office activities for the Company.
The Communications and Administrative Coordinator reports to the Event Department, the Programs Department, Co-Chairs of DDF Events, and the President of the DDF Board and is required to attend all staff meetings and Board meetings. This position is full time (40 hours per week) and can be longer around the time of major DDF events. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description should not be construed to imply that the requirements listed are the exclusive standards of the position. DDF reserves the right to assign or delegate other tasks as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and oversee printed materials for a number of diverse events and programs simultaneously and meet deadlines on each to ensure accuracy and timeliness of assigned projects, effectiveness of events, success of fundraising appeals and attention to detail including event program books, foundation brochure, website content, etc.
· Utilize database tools and excel to track projects.
· Work with volunteer staff on design elements and event promotion.
· Lead all communications activity including corporate communications/media relations, employee communications, sponsorships, events, community and philanthropic activities, and brand management.
· Support government affairs activities.
· Work with all DDF departments to draft relevant postings for all of the Company's social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked In, our website, other print materials, and email blasts and develop and maintain the social media calendar.
· Develop and maintain press release and newsletter calendars.
· Develop relationships with the press and write and send out press releases.
· Develop and send out Company newsletters.
· Assure that materials that are developed are factually and technically accurate.
· Recruit, train, supervise, and coordinate work of the Communications Interns and volunteers.
· Research, order, maintain, and ship all ordered merchandise for the Company.
· Pick up, process, and disseminate the mail.
· Maintain and organize office operations and procedures; keep the conference room, office, lobby, supply areas, and kitchen well stocked with supplies; inventory supplies; and maintain all office equipment in working order.
· Maintain the Company's calendar and enter all meetings, deadlines and reminders including for the Company's Board of Directors and Committees
· Maintain an inventory of merchandise; keep merchandise neat and orderly and ready for use at events and programs; fulfill merchandise orders
· Communicate with the Board of Directors and Committees to organize and prepare for Board meetings.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job successfully:
- At least four (4) years equivalence in communications (i.e. all social media, press releases, printed materials, newsletters, etc.)
- Four (4) year college degree required. Non-college graduates should not apply.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of SharePoint or any other non-profit software is a plus
- Must be proficient in Photoshop, In Design, Publisher and the like
- Fast typist required and must be fluent in English
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills at a professional level
- Ability to lead, to follow, and the ability to know when those different skills are needed
- Ability to collaborate with volunteers, staff, donors, supporters, the Board of Directors and any other people encountered
- Strong editing and proofreading skills and knowledge of print production
- Ability to tolerate numerous interruptions throughout the day
- Expertise in building professional relationships and consistent professionalism
- May include sitting for long periods of time and working under challenging conditions.
To apply for this position and to qualify for an interview, please email cover letter, resume, 2-4 letters of recommendation from business contacts or employers (non-family or friends), college and other degree diplomas or other verification of graduation, transcript if graduated within the past 5 years,and salary requirements to Admin@DebbiesDream.org. No phone calls please.