Bookkeeper Job Description
Debbie's Dream Foundation is seeking a part-time bookkeeper at its corporate office in Davie, Florida.
It is the responsibility of all employees to support the Company's mission and goals, to respect the confidentiality of all who come to us for information or assistance, and to personally maintain the dignity and integrity of one who is placed in a position of trust. We all bear the responsibility and judgment of improving the organization, communicating openly, empowering each other to excel at our work, using discretion, and dedicating ourselves to including all who want to be involved.
Full cycle accounting and finance knowledge
· Manage Accounts Receivable & Payable
· Prepare checks for disbursement and approval
· Track credit card transactions
Process all payments to DDF
Prepare bank deposits
· Payroll and associated reporting requirements
Prepare documents for accountant for tax returns and all required corporate filings (federal and state)
Assist with budget preparation
· Prepare monthly budget vs actual analysis
· Prepare financial reports for board meetings
· Maintain event operating statements
Manage, prepare and send gift acknowledgement and notification letters
Responsible for generating Invoices and following up on un-paid Invoices
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job successfully:
· Associates degree (AA, AS) at a minimum and at least 2 years of experience. Do not apply if you do not meet these criteria.
· Proficiency with Quickbooks
· Proficiency with MS word, Excel and Outlook
· Knowledge of SharePoint a plus or any other non-profit software
Experience with non-profit accounting
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work independently
· Fast typist
· Ability to lead, to follow, and the ability to know when those different skills are needed
· Expertise in building professional relationships
· Consistent professionalism
· Ability to collaborate with both volunteers, staff, donors, supporters, the Board of Directors and any other people encountered
· Fluent in English
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills at a professional level
· Ability to tolerate numerous interruptions throughout the day
The Bookkeeper reports directly to the President of the Board, the Office Manager, the Treasurer, and the Co-Chairs of the Company's Events and is required to attend staff and Event Committee meetings and Board meetings from time to time.
This position is a salary part time varying between 5 hours a week and 20 hours per week. Generally more hours will be required around the time of major Company events. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
This job description should not be construed to imply that the requirements listed are the exclusive standards of the position. The Company reserves the right to assign or delegate other tasks as necessary.
To apply for this position go to our job posting on Monster.com at this link http://jobview.monster.com/Bookkeeper-Job-Davie-FL-129986128.aspx and submit the following:
1. Cover letter
3. College and other degree diplomas or other verification of graduation
4. Transcript if graduated within the past 5 years
5. 2-4 letters of recommendation from current or past clients who are non-family members
Follow up inquiries can be made to Admin@DebbiesDream.org or (954) 475-1200.