4. Shop for a Cause!
oShop on Amazon with Amazon Smile at www.smile.amazon.com: It's the same Amazon you know and Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
o Get a free iGive.com account so DDF can earn money every time you shop online: iGive is a free service where shopping at any of 1492 stores like Amazon, Travelocity, Overstock, and many more, means a donation to your favorite cause.
5. Create a Tribute Page to Honor a loved one on FirstGiving at www.firstgiving.com/DebbiesDreamFoundation:
· In Honor Of- someone special in your life - a family member, best friend, or favorite caregiver
· In Celebration of- life's special moments from birthdays to anniversaries to weddings to graduation. The possibilities are endless!
· In Memory Of- a family member, friend, or loved one. Create a lasting tribute to someone who has passed away.
· General Page- to inspire family, friends, and colleagues to join you in your support of Debbie's Dream Foundation: Curing Stomach Cancer
6. Make a Donation
· We are able to fund research, promote awareness, and provide support services to stomach cancer patients and their families because of your generous donations. Debbie's Dream Foundation: Curing Stomach Cancer is a 501(c)(3) charity, so all donations are 100% tax deductible. Donations can be made at https://www.DebbiesDream.org/portal/secure-donate-now.
· Monthly recurring donations make it easy to support DDF and help us achieve our ultimate dream of curing stomach cancer. You can create a weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annual recurring donation to support our mission at https://www.debbiesdream.org/portal/secure-donate-now.
7. Advocate for Stomach Cancer Patients
· We at Debbie's Dream Foundation are raising awareness about stomach cancer and bringing attention to the lack of research funding for the disease. You can help us get increased federal funding for stomach cancer research by contacting your elected officials. Be the voice for stomach cancer patients who can't speak for themselves! For more information and to get involved, visit http://www.DebbiesDream.org/portal/advocacy, contact us at (855)475-1200, or send an email to Events@DebbiesDream.org.
8. Become a Patient Resource Mentor
· Have you survived your battle with cancer and now want to help others through their battle? Become a Patient Resource Education Program (PREP) Mentor and help people just like you who need a little inspiration to keep fighting. Share what you have learned with a newly diagnosed patient, family member or caregiver. Just by talking to them, you can show them that surviving is possible. You can help others on their journey. To become a PREP Mentor, contact us at (855) 475-1200 or send an email to Patient.Resource@DebbiesDream.org.
9. Join or Start a Chapter in your area
· DDF has its headquarters in South Florida and chapters across the United States, Canada, and Germany with more opening all the time. Our chapters allow us to serve the needs of stomach cancer patients, families, and caregivers across the world. If you are interested in joining an existing chapter, starting a new DDF chapter, or inquiring about whether a chapter is in the works in your area, please contact us at (855) 475-1200 or send an email to Admin@DebbiesDream.org. For more information, visit http://www.DebbiesDream.org/portal/ddf-chapters.
10. Purchase Periwinkle Power Merchandise
· Purchase periwinkle merchandise on our website to raise awareness all year long! Visit http://www.DebbiesDream.org/portal/online-auctions.
11. Social Media
· Change your profile picture to the below photo during the entire month of November to raise awareness of stomach cancer. You can find this image on our social media pages, website, or request to have it sent to you by emailing Events@DebbiesDream.org.
12. Connect with us!
· Like us on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/DebbiesDreamFoundation
· Follow us on Twitter: www.Twitter.com/StomachCancer_
· Watch us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CuringStomachCancer
· Connect on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/DebbiesDreamFoundation
· Follow us on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/StomachCancer
13. Spread the word!
· Use the following suggested posts (in conjunction with posting the above photo) on your social media pages throughout the entire month of November. One voice on social media can reach thousands.
o Together we are raising awareness about stomach cancer! Don't forget to join the movement. Change your profile picture to this one.
o November is Curing Stomach Cancer Month so it is the perfect time to get involved in the fight against stomach cancer! Find out how to get involved at www.DebbiesDream.org/portal/curing-stomach-cancer-month
o Host an event/fundraiser for DDF during Curing Stomach Cancer month! Contact the Event Manager at Events@DebbiesDream.orgfor an event application. Together we are curing stomach cancer.
o It is Curing Stomach Cancer Month! Because awareness is not enough, find out how to get involved with Debbie's Dream Foundation at www.DebbiesDream.org/portal/curing-stomach-cancer-month
CLICK HERE to complete a Debbie's Dream Volunteer Application!
Contact us with any questions, to find out how you can help, and to get involved to make a difference at Events@DebbiesDream.org or (954) 475-1200.
Click below to download the Curing Stomach Cancer Month Toolkit.