Debbie's Dream Foundation: Curing Stomach Cancer is seeking an Executive Director at its corporate office in Davie, Florida.
Summary of Position:
The Executive Director (ED) will serve as the management, development and operations leader of DDF. The ED, with the Board of Directors, will have overall responsibility for the successful execution of DDF's mission and strategic plan. The ED will be charged with measuring and reporting on DDF's programs, operational and development strategies, progress-against-goals and plans, with an emphasis on achieving financial growth and sustainability. It is expected that DDF's revenue will increase as the ED systematically and effectively strengthens the organization's overall fundraising and development capacity. The successful candidate will be a dynamic spokesperson, serving DDF's fundraising activities, engaging volunteers and community relations.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence for the national organization as well as local chapters, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of administration, fundraising, and communications; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Actively engage and energize DDF's volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders
- Oversee Chapter development
- Support National Board: serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for national rollout
- Ensure effective systems to track progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents
- See that the board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it
- Responsible for grants and contracts management including negotiating research agreement terms that reflect the needs of the organization.
- Grow the organization by adding local chapters and boards throughout the country and internationally
- Oversee the staff of the Patient Resource Education Program (PREP) and develop a strategic plan to increase participants and expansion with staff
- Assure that the organization has long-range strategy that achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board
- Design national expansion and complete the strategic business planning process for the program expansion into new markets
Budget and Finance
- Develop and maintain sound financial practices
- Work with staff, Finance Committee and Board in preparing yearly budget. Ensure that the organization operates within budget guidelines
- Report monthly to the Board on the financial stability of DDF and take effective actions to ensure adequate funds are available to carry out DDF's mission
- Jointly with the Board President and Secretary conduct official correspondence of the organization and, with designated officers, execute legal documents
- Apply for and gain financial support from large and small donors in the community
- Solicit grants and other financial support from corporations
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion
- Oversee, create and work with various committees on all fundraising events
- Begin to build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with the funders, and political, medical and community leaders at each expansion site
- Create individual giving programs and planned giving for private donors
- Create opportunities for sponsorship of programs and events
Organization Liaison / Communications:
- Develop and maintain relationships and alliances with other nonprofit leaders/organizations
- Work personally with leaders in the private, medical, business and government world, cultivating long-term strategic partnerships or donor relationships to increase the organization's effectiveness serving unmet needs
- Head Symposium Cancer Community yearly event.
- Appear at official events on behalf of DDF
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations
- Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public
- Be an external local and national presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional and national replication
- Explore other online and social media opportunities to market the organization
- Oversee the creation and distribution of Press Releases
- Oversee DDF's website
- Responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers
- Develop job descriptions, conduct regular performance evaluations and ensure sound human resource practices are in place
- Ensure that an effective management team, with appropriate provision for succession, is in place
- Encourage staff and volunteer development and education and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization
- Maintain a climate which attracts, keeps and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people
DDF is based in Fort Lauderdale, FL, but has associates and volunteers throughout the country.
The Executive Director must be able to travel to attend conferences, training, and other events as required to acquire and maintain proficiency in fulfilling the responsibilities of the position.
- 5+ years' experience in non-profit management with knowledge of cancer arena
- Experience in legal and regulatory requirements for non-profits
- Successful and experienced fundraiser
- Skills - goal driven and results oriented personality; hands-on action leadership style; refined communication skills and ability to influence constituencies
Please email cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to Admin@DebbiesDream.org.
No phone calls please.